Privacy and confidentiality
The Company is committed to respecting the privacy and confidentiality of information it receives, in accordance with the Company’s Privacy Guidelines, and applicable law. The Company has established and will continue to maintain reasonable safeguards to protect the security and confidentiality of personal information. However, you acknowledge and confirm that the Internet is not a secure medium where privacy and confidentiality can be guaranteed and that complete security and confidentiality of transmissions to and from this website over the Internet is not possible at this time. Your confidential use of this website cannot be guaranteed and you acknowledge that your use of this website (including information you transmit to this website) may be subject to access or manipulation by, or disclosure to, third parties. Without limiting any other disclaimer herein, the Company and its affiliates shall not be responsible or liable for any damages that you or any other person may suffer in connection with any such breach of privacy, confidentiality or security.
Your personal information
Certain Company web pages may require you to provide personal information to the Company, such as web pages that require you to register in order to access the web page. Such personal information (for example, your name, birthday, postal code, and e-mail address if applicable) is used to help provide you with a secure, private and convenient experience on this website. For web pages requiring you to register:
- Identity verification: This information is used to confirm your identity when registering for access to certain Company web pages. This information is matched against our existing records to enable you to register.
- Communication with the Company: If you send the Company an e-mail through our "Contact Us" feature, we will use the e-mail address you provide at registration to contact you with our reply. If your e-mail address changes, you can always change the e-mail address we have on record on either the "Contact Us" page, or in the "Your Profile" section of the website.
- Forgotten User Name or Password: If you forget either your user name or password, it is simple to recover them online by going through our Forgotten User Name or Password services, available from the Sign In page. To confirm your identity before displaying either of these items, we match what you enter against the information collected during the registration process.
What your information will not be used for:
- Marketing from the Company: You will not receive any marketing or advertisements from the Company at the e-mail address you provide, without your consent.
- Marketing from third parties: We will never sell your individual information to third parties.
The security of e-mail communication cannot be guaranteed. Do not send private or confidential information to the Company via e-mail (e.g., your Social Insurance Number, birthday). Any person wishing to communicate or send information of a private or confidential nature to the Company or a third party is encouraged to do so by other means.
"Cookies" are small items of data that websites store in your browser. These data files contain information the website can use to track and organize the pages you have visited, and to gather information. Some of our web-based applications use "cookie" technology to measure website activity and tailor information to fit your personal interests. The Company uses both "session" and “permanent” cookies, both of which help us deliver a superior website experience that is designed to be fast, secure and personalized. You may decline cookies by configuring your web browser accordingly, but this may lead to reduced website functionality.